Born in Japan, she graduated from Kanagawa University with a law degree, Maki was Inspired by a series of food books by Kazuko Horii, she decided to train in food art and cooking, she went on to learn basic food art at the ‘Sukenari Yoko Cooking Art’ in Tokyo.
In 1997 she became a pastry chef at the French patisserie ‘Maison de Petit four’ in Tokyo, since then she has worked at several prestigious hotels, including ‘The Mandarin Oriental Hotel’ in Hyde Park and Tokyo.
- 2008 Silver Award in the Miniature Wedding Cake Class at Squires Kitchen Annual Exhibition
- 2008 2nd Place in the Chocolate Cake Class at Squire Kitchen Annual Exhibition
- 2007 2nd Place in the Royal Iced Cake Class at Squire Kitchen Annual Exhibition
- 2004 Bronze Award in the Master Class Wedding Cake at the British Sugar Craft Guild World of Sugar Exhibition
- 2001 Gold & Trophy in the Royal Icing Cake Class at the British Sugar Craft Guild World of Sugar Exhibition
- 2001 Bronze Award in the Floral Class at the British Sugar Craft Guild World Of Sugar Exhibition
- 2001 Very Highly Commended in NFBSS&IBB Alliance Renshaw Scott Decorative Class